You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Bookmarks question

Bookmarks question

#1 Bookmarks question

Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 2014-09-23 16:55 | IP: IP Logged

The "Create Bookmarks" menu lists special Bookmarks for Bookmark 0 through Bookmark 9; this is nice, because I'm accustomed to those bookmarks from MultiEdit, which I previously used.

However, Control-Shift-0 does *not* create the bookmark, though 1 through 9 work fine.
Is that intentional? I typically start with BM0 when assigning a series of marks, and it is disconcerting for it to not work!!

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Bookmarks question

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-09-23 17:14 | IP: IP Logged

Shift+Ctrl+0 creates bookmark for me. If it doesn't work for you, check your running application, if any doesn't have global shortcut registered for Shift+Ctrl+0. Typically Skype, any messenger, graphic card driver...

#3 Re: Bookmarks question

Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 2014-09-23 18:45 | IP: IP Logged

Oh My... that might well be a challenge... How would I know if some other program is hooking a key??

I looked at Nvidia desktop tools and VirtualBox, the two most likely to do something like that; neither say anything obvious about hotkeys, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything!!

One thing I did is to switch to the desktop and hit Shift-Ctrl-0, and that didn't do anything, which *seems* like that means nobody is looking at that key, but this is a weak assumption...

I'll look around some more.

Later:
I ran Hotkey Explorer (http://hkcmdr.anymania.com/), and it does not show anything registered to Shift-Control-0 (or Shift-Control-AnyNumber).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-23 18:52 by Gorlash.

#4 Re: Bookmarks question

Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 2014-09-23 19:14 | IP: IP Logged

Well, okay, I installed pspad on another machine, and Shift-Ctrl-0 works fine.
So apparently you are right, some other program on this machine is hooking that hotkey, and Hotkey Explorer just cannot see it. Not much we can do about that. Thanks for the suggestion!

#5 Re: Bookmarks question

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-09-23 19:43 | IP: IP Logged

#6 Re: Bookmarks question [Fixed]

Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 2014-09-23 22:01 | IP: IP Logged

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fixed!!!

How did you find that?!?!? I need to make a note of this somewhere so I can find it in the future... wow...

Maybe you can find a place for this in one of your FAQs, as well...

#7 Re: Bookmarks question [Fixed]

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-09-24 04:54 | IP: IP Logged

I look at google for Shift+Ctrl+0 grinning smiley
You are right, I will write it to FAQ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-24 04:54 by pspad.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR