You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > something error with "Word Wrap"

something error with "Word Wrap"

#1 something error with "Word Wrap"

Posted by: Venne Tong | Date: 04/23/2005 07:41 | IP: IP Logged

Version : 4.3.3
IE: 6.0

Description:

This is a very good text editor, but when I began to test it , I found something error with word wrap.

I set the right margin is 80, and switched the "word wrap" on , but it seem to not support this feature at all when I typed something in Easten language, I tried to type in english, it can work ,but I should switch it off and switch it on , I don't know reason, but I think it's a very important feature with a text editor.

if you have some question, I can send some screenshot to u.

thanks for your work and wait for your reply.

Venne

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: something error with "Word Wrap"

Posted by: Venne Tong | Date: 04/23/2005 07:42 | IP: IP Logged

If you have any question...I can send some screenshot to u..tongue sticking out smiley

#3 Re: something error with "Word Wrap"

Posted by: mouser | Date: 04/25/2005 09:56 | IP: IP Logged

greetings PSPad users,

we just finished a long review of best text editor here:
www.donationcoder.com

the initial review had extremely strong praise for PSPad, and recommended it as best freeware text editor, and talked about how it was nearly as good as the best commercial text editor.

however, we had to withdraw all of those comments when we discovered how broken word-wrap is. On a big file it totally hangs the program for minutes with 100% cpu usage, and it doesn't seem to work properly even when it isnt slowing the program to a halt.

PSPad is one of the best text editors i've used - except word wrap is totally broken which makes it not something we can advise people use.

i hope you guys decide to spend some energy fixing it. if and when you do, please let us know (either email me or post to our forums at:
www.donationcoder.com
and i will be absolutely delighted to re-endorse PSPad as one of the best text editors available.

i hope you are not upset by this post - i mean it in the most constructive helpful sense. PSPad is just so fantastic, that it is a real shame for this one bug to make it a program that we cannot recommend to users.

#4 Re: something error with "Word Wrap"

Posted by: sd | Date: 04/25/2005 11:10 | IP: IP Logged

word wrap is buggy because basic Synedit component is buggy... Try to search in the forum...

#5 Re: something error with "Word Wrap"

Posted by: SindbaD | Date: 04/25/2005 13:20 | IP: IP Logged

I tried to use UltraEdit, but I think PsPad is better at the moment, even word wrapping is buggy.
But using interactive clips (!!!), templates, scripting features in new beta(!!!) make PsPad more useful for me now. These features makes that I can work more efficient with PsPad.
And it's freeware...

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2014 Jan Fiala
Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák