You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > multi caret/selection

multi caret/selection

#1 multi caret/selection

Posted by: m.ibng | Date: 2014-06-16 15:35 | IP: IP Logged

This can be used when you want to edit multiple parts of a file. It can save time. Instead of going to each place and typing the same text, you can put carets on them and you just type what you want to add and it will be added to the places where there are carets.
I also request to make or at least give an option to make the caret thinner, like the one that appears while you're typing in this forum. I think it looks more beautiful. Maybe others think so too.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: multi caret/selection

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-06-16 16:05 | IP: IP Logged

Multicaret editing is interesting idea. But i am afraid not easy to do, cause Windows control doesn't support more than one caret. But I will try to do it.

In the program settings / Editor 2 you can set shape of caret for insert and overwrite mode

#3 Re: multi caret/selection

Posted by: m.ibng | Date: 2014-06-17 14:29 | IP: IP Logged

What I meant with the thinner cursor is like the one in Programmer's Notepad. It is thinner than PSPad's vertical line cursor. It's quite similar to the cursor in this forum's editor for writing posts. The one I'm seeing while writing this.

As for the multi caret, please make it work like the other editors that support it (for example, Programmer's Notepad). Users coming from those editors won't have to adjust much if they find the same thing in PSPad.

#4 Re: multi caret/selection

Posted by: PEdit | Date: 2014-06-30 06:01 | IP: IP Logged

Better make it not "like in other editors", all do different totally.

ST3 / SynWrite have good multicarets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-30 06:01 by PEdit.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR