You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > automatic saving of random text files in Windows

automatic saving of random text files in Windows

#1 automatic saving of random text files in Windows

Posted by: antipop | Date: 2013-10-07 03:27 | IP: IP Logged

I think the subject pretty well sums up my question. When I have any number of text files open, one created within PSPad, for example, by clicking the "create new file" button, which file I may not as yet have saved and named in the Windows directory specifically, while I make temporary use of it for note-taking (e.g., with copy and paste functions) with other programs, my browser for example, what settings in PSPad allow me to keep it around, say, in a temporary folder of my choosing, even after closing the PSPad program, if possible?

Incidentally, it would seem reasonable to me that this forum's spell-checker not indicate a misspelt word when I write "PSPad" in a message here. Might it not be added to the local dictionary?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-07 03:29 by antipop.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: automatic saving of random text files in Windows

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2013-10-07 05:08 | IP: IP Logged

I have several ideas how to do it.
1. create permanent file in the folder you want. Add this file into favourite panel
2. create permanent file in the folder you want and let PSPad open this file each time you start it - modify PSPad link

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR