You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Downloading developer package 4.5.7 build 2449 fails

Downloading developer package 4.5.7 build 2449 fails

#1 Downloading developer package 4.5.7 build 2449 fails

Posted by: Sven Bovin | Date: 2012-11-01 11:04 | IP: IP Logged

I've successfully downloaded and installed the latest official build of PSPad (the 4.5.6 installer). Now I want to upgrade to 4.5.7 build 2449. I've tried to download the upgrade archive from the developper forum (both the siliconhill and the cincura mirrors) but unfortunately, even though the mirrors tell me the archive should be 2-and-something megabytes in size, after download the size on disk is zero.

Has this happened to any of you? Any ideas on what might be going on?

Sven

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-01 11:04 by Sven Bovin.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Downloading developer package 4.5.7 build 2449 fails

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2012-11-01 14:51 | IP: IP Logged

Problem is on your side. I tested both download places and I sucessfully downloaded both packages.

Go to your browser settings and clear cache.

#3 Re: Downloading developer package 4.5.7 build 2449 fails

Posted by: Sven Bovin | Date: 2012-11-02 13:14 | IP: IP Logged

I've tried clearing the cache, I've switched browsers (from FF to IE), I've tried a command line FTP client (using anonymous log in), and I've even switched to my Linux box. Still no luck. I can see the file has a non-zero size on the silcionhill mirror (the other mirror seems to be down, or is at least unreachable from my location), but I cannot seem to get it. Someone shomewhere seems to be filtering out the content.

As a test, I've tried to download the installer from the siliconhill FTP mirror, but that, to, fails. Seems something between my PC and the siliconhill FTP server is determined not to let me have the files sad smiley

I'll try downloading from another location.

#4 Re: Downloading developer package 4.5.7 build 2449 fails

Posted by: nergmlam | Date: 2012-11-30 08:11 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Sven

Check your firewall and antivirus program. Maybe they are restricting your downloads

--
Sincerely

J. Malmgren
IT-Programmer
Denmark
Version 4.5.7(2441)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 08:11 by nergmlam.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR