You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > New to PSpad, few questions

New to PSpad, few questions

#1 New to PSpad, few questions

Posted by: JacquesVDZ | Date: 2012-10-05 08:43 | IP: IP Logged

Hi

What a brilliant tool.I really want to keep on using this.I will be using it to develop in python.

I have tried to search for the questions I have and couldnt get to the answers.
So sorry in advanced if the questions was asked before.
I would appreciate it if anyone can help me with the following.

Questions:
1.How do I tell pspad if opening a new project to exclude certain files in the file/project explorer.For instance I dont want to see pyc filetypes
2.When creating new file that it automatically inserts text at the top ex:#coding: utf-8
3.When writing a if or def or class and press enter after the :, that it indents automatically.

Thanks a million

Thanks in advanced.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: New to PSpad, few questions

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2012-10-05 09:22 | IP: IP Logged

1. When you create new project from folder, include only file extension you want in projects in Project from Folder dialog. Fill in list exclude your *.PYC files.
In the File explorer is combobox on the top - you can choose Python files only. Predefined extensions are PY and PYW. List of extension you can change in the menu settings / Highlighter settings / Python

2. new file templates are located in .\PSPad\Template folder. Edit file Default.PY or any other extension you need. You can create another templates and call it using menu File / New dialog or Ctrl+N

3. In the highlighter settings / Python (second tab) fill in char ":" into Extended indent chars first edit field

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR