You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Miscelaneous New User Questions

Miscelaneous New User Questions

#1 Miscelaneous New User Questions

Posted by: furashgary | Date: 2012-08-30 16:05 | IP: IP Logged

Apologies if these are explained elsewhere and I just wasn't able to find them.

1. the app seems to support Windows Script Host for extending the application. However, Microsoft is replacing WSH gradually with PowerShell. Is there a plan to move to that (or something else) rather than WSH?

2. I installed a number of plugins (scripts) into their appropriate folders, but I don't "see" them in the menus. Is there another step to install them?

3. Is there a guide to setting up SSH? Ive tried both methods (downloading the SSH libraries and copying them from the link it suggests). My PC is perfectly capable of SSH via Cygwin or WinSCP.

4. Is there a quick "how to" for how to setup your own syntax file? I noticed at the end of the list of programming languages there are some unused ones.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Miscelaneous New User Questions

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2012-08-30 17:57 | IP: IP Logged

1. WSH is something different than PowerShell. WSH is scripting engine, you can extend it with external languages - there isn't limit to default VBScript and JScript only.

2. Program settings / System. Is there WSH support enabled?

3. PSpad internally supports FTPS only (support with SSL/TSL).

4. Menu settings / User highlighter - easy new language definition, if isn't supported yet. Menu Settings / Highlighter settings - click on the free slot on the bottom of highlighter list and choose any external syntax definition.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR